This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2 1/3] Constify thread name return path
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 10:46:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/3] Constify thread name return path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448488138-2360-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <1448488138-2360-2-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <5656EB38 dot 6080601 at redhat dot com>
On 15-11-26 06:21 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 09:48 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
>> Since this code path returns a string owned by the target (we don't know how
>> it's allocated, could be a static read-only string), it's safer if we return
>> a constant string. If, for some reasons, the caller wishes to modify the
>> string, it should make itself a copy.
>> * linux-nat.c (linux_nat_thread_name): Constify return value.
>> * target.h (struct target_ops) <to_thread_name>: Likewise.
>> (target_thread_name): Likewise.
>> * target.c (target_thread_name): Likewise.
>> * target-delegates.c (debug_thread_name): Regenerate.
>> * python/py-infthread.c (thpy_get_name): Constify local variables.
>> * thread.c (print_thread_info): Likewise.
>> (thread_find_command): Likewise.
> Pedro Alves