This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:17:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447864802-24016-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <564CB8EC dot 5000203 at gmail dot com> <564CBB15 dot 7020209 at redhat dot com> <867fle1b5z dot fsf at gmail dot com> <564DE744 dot 8030104 at redhat dot com> <86lh9types dot fsf at gmail dot com> <564F022A dot 10603 at redhat dot com> <864mgbzmo4 dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On 11/24/2015 11:01 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
> Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
>> On my machine (x86_64 Fedora 20), C++ mode has no regressions compared
>> to C mode.
> I compared the test result on native arm and aarch64 gdb, there is no
> regression either.
>> If C++ is flipped to on by default on (e.g.) x86_64 GNU/Linux, then
>> the x86_64 GNU/Linux
>> buildbot builders will automatically start testing in C++ mode too.
>> If we do this,
>> then the Fedora builder (Fedora-x86_64-cxx-build-m64) that is
>> specifically building
>> with --enable-build-with-cxx should be flipped to build with
>> to catch C mode regressions, for as long as we support C mode.
> OK, that is fine to me. After we start to build GDB in C++ mode on some
> hosts, I hope we don't have to support both modes too long. According the
> c++ conversion in gcc, ENABLE_BUILD_WITH_CXX on configure was added in
> 2009, and was removed on 2012.
Wow, that long? I seriously hope we move faster. All depends on the help
we get though...