This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/commit] error/internal-error printing local variable during "bt full".
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:20:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFA/commit] error/internal-error printing local variable during "bt full".
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447093747-21709-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
On 11/09/2015 06:29 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> * stack.c (print_frame_local_vars): Temporarily set the selected
> frame to FRAME while printing the frame's local variables.
> Thinking longer term, I think the best approach is to add a "frame"
> parameter to value_at_lazy, and make sure it gets passed down all
> the way to the type resolver. But the number of locations that this
> change impacts is quite large, so I just wanted to receive the OK from
> the rest of the group before embarking on such a large change, knowing
> that once done, the patch would ideally be pushed quickly to avoid
> having to handle rebasing conflicts.
In general (haven't looked at the locations this particular case involves),
I've wondered before about adding some "struct execution_context" or some
such, which would encapsulate frame, thread, target, language, etc.,
and pass around a pointer to such a thing.
> In the meantime, OK to push this patch? (tested on x86_64-linux)