This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix '-data-read-memory-bytes' typo/assertion
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Don Breazeal <donb at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:06:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix '-data-read-memory-bytes' typo/assertion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447894382-1469-1-git-send-email-donb at codesourcery dot com>
On 11/19/2015 12:53 AM, Don Breazeal wrote:
> 2015-11-18 Don Breazeal <email@example.com>
> * gdb/target.c (read_memory_robust): Call
> read_whatever_is_readable with arguments in the correct order.
Please drop the "gdb/" in the file name.
LGTM too. Obvious even. It'd be nice to have a testcase
for this though. Seems like the simplest would be to just try
e.g., "-data-read-memory-bytes 8 1" and make sure that fails
with "Unable to read memory". We'd just need to skip the
test if [is_address_zero_readable].