This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:53:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447864802-24016-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <564CB8EC dot 5000203 at gmail dot com>
On 11/18/2015 05:44 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> I don't have objections to this patch set, just want to know what is
> your plan to commit it.
I was planning on committing it as soon as I got positive
reviews, which seems like I have now. :-) Do you see a reason to
hold it for now?
My thinking is that most of the C++ problems are now sorted out, so
the -fpermissive hack no longer helps that much. Note one can always
explicitly configure with CXX="g++ -fpermissive" if necessary.
> I'll fix C++ warnings and errors in ARM and AArch64 code.