This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:44:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] [C++] Drop -fpermissive hack, enable -Werror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447864802-24016-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com>
On 18/11/15 16:39, Pedro Alves wrote:
The first 4 patches finally make GDB build cleanly in C++, at least on
x86_64 GNU/Linux and x86_64 mingw. At this point, I think we should
drop the -fpermissive hack and default to -Werror in C++ mode too,
which is what the last two patches do.
Yeah! Good to see the switch to C++ will happen soon. Thanks, Pedro
This lets the buildbot catch C++ build regressions promptly -- we
already have a Fedora buildslave building in C++ mode specifically for
that, but it currently misses regressions around pointer casts and
enum conversions exactly due to -fpermissive/-Wno-error.
Other ports still need further C++ conversion work, though the build
failures shouldn't be too many and should be mostly localized to
I don't have objections to this patch set, just want to know what is
your plan to commit it. I'll fix C++ warnings and errors in ARM
and AArch64 code.