This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: FYI: GDB 7.10.1 release still planned end of Nov
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:22:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: FYI: GDB 7.10.1 release still planned end of Nov
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20151028164757 dot GC4009 at adacore dot com> <5631005E dot 9070208 at redhat dot com> <20151112184430 dot GA4646 at adacore dot com> <5644E0A4 dot 8020901 at codesourcery dot com> <20151112193849 dot GB4646 at adacore dot com>
On 11/12/2015 12:38 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
- For a fix that needs to be put on the branch, there must be
a PR. If not already existing, then it needs to be created at:
This PR should document in as much details as possible the issue.
You can also hyper-link discussions on gdb-patches.
OK, I have created PR 19245 for this.
Regarding backporting a change, it's super easy:
1. Find the SHA1 of the fix you pushed to master; I usually use
something like "git log --author=[...] --grep=[...]
For instance, I did...
% git log --author=sandra --grep=strprefix
... and got:
Author: Sandra Loosemore <email@example.com>
Date: Tue Aug 18 10:29:54 2015 -0700
Fix mis-parsing of hex register numbers in 'T' stop replies.
2. Then, create a gdb-7.10-branch branch in your repository:
% git branch --track gdb-7.10-branch origin/gdb-7.10-branch
You can then cherry-pick the change to that branch:
% git checkout gdb-7.10-branch
I'm really confused. At this point, "git log" shows that my patch is
already present in the checkout as commit
e13cbb569965ee3baca2ad4801eeb910c2b2f03f, dated Tue Aug 18.
% git cherry-pick 26d56a939e9e54e09d46ea6e9678463ac344fa33
[you will probably need to fix ChangeLog conflicts]
...and "git diff" after this step only shows ChangeLog conflicts and no
And once all is ready, then just push to the FSF repo:
% git push origin gdb-7.10-branch
Is there something different I need to do here, did I screw up something
in the recipe above, or is the patch really already present on the
branch and you and Pedro just lost track of it?