This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb.dwarf2: Define and use gdb_target_symbol_prefix for symbol prefixes
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 22:33:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb.dwarf2: Define and use gdb_target_symbol_prefix for symbol prefixes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20151029212509 dot 438b5642 at pinnacle dot lan> <20151029222505 dot 3bb590b9 at pinnacle dot lan> <56335065 dot 1060100 at redhat dot com> <20151104233946 dot 51336127 at pinnacle dot lan> <563B3389 dot 20502 at redhat dot com> <563B3580 dot 9030309 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:54:56 +0000
Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 11/05/2015 10:46 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> >> > I'm willing to make these changes, but I want to first be sure that
> >> > I'm not missing an easier fix.
> BTW, an alternative to the below would be to have two tcl procedures,
> one for asm, and another for C/C++/etc, like
> gdb_target_symbol_prefix_flags_asm / gdb_target_symbol_prefix_flags.
> The C version would just call the asm version and add the double
This is a really good idea. It means that I don't need to touch
already working test cases contained in .c files. Also, the SYMBOL
macros contained therein stay simpler and (presumably) easier to
I've just posted a patch implementing this idea. See: