This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 08/10] Support software single step on ARM in GDBServer.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 18:46:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/10] Support software single step on ARM in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1446138583-13268-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1446138583-13268-9-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
On 10/29/2015 05:09 PM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
> This patch teaches GDBserver how to software single step on ARM
> linux by sharing code with GDB.
> The arm_get_next_pcs function in GDB is now shared with GDBServer. So that
> GDBServer can use the function to return the possible addresses of the next PC.
> A proper shared context was also needed so that we could share the code, this
> context is described as this data structure (expressed as a class
> struct get_next_pcs
> struct os_arch_get_next_pcs
> struct os_arch_(gdb|gdbserver)_get_next_pcs
> Where arch can by replaced by arm for this patch. This structure should be
> flexible enough to accomodate any arch or os (optional) that would need a
> get_next_pcs context.
Thanks for following through with this. I skimmed this and it looks very
much like what I had imagined, so LGTM from a general design perspective.
But I'd rather leave it to Yao to go over the ARM details.
(BTW, I noticed several formatting problems just from skimming. I'd be good
if you did a pass over the patch fixing them; I'm sure you'll notice them too.)