This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 00/11] C++/MinGW patches
- From: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 19:40:41 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/11] C++/MinGW patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1446492970-21432-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <5637C1FA dot 2060708 at redhat dot com> <CALd+sZThHQQFq4DSw9Dd0pXVfYmAq=RFj0GM1OtmSXv8OwL4sg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5637CB96 dot 4010106 at redhat dot com> <CALd+sZQ2tPkgiKAH2rxpLy_pr_j4cxTo2Jy95naFG6LuoJP2GQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALd+sZRGLO-Rbm91KEik1DXvjgawO7sN0SFo-LY_Tinr2yuvGA at mail dot gmail dot com> <563899DB dot 10205 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: fracting at gmail dot com
Thanks for testing Wine Staging.
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've actually tried Wine multiple times before over the years. I've managed
> to run gdbserver under Wine (in the past, haven't tried recently), and connect
> to it with a GNU/Linux-hosted cross debugger (--host=linux --target=mingw),
> but gdb running under Wine has never worked for me. The problem for
> me is that input does not work.
I can confirm the behavior you described.
I think this is related to a known bug I want to fix:
At this time, there is two solution to make input works.
Solution A: start wineconsole before using gdb:
Solution B: use MinTTY as a replacement of wineconsole, from MSYS2
(note: `export STAGING_WRITECOPY=1` is required before using MSYS2,
The advantage of solution A is, no third party software required,
however, the disadvantage is, wineconsole itself is not nice, things
like copy&paste doesn't work, it is not a good terminal emulator in
practice. The advantage of solution B is, mintty is a full working
terminal emulator, also with some tweaking we can use Linux like
shortcut (ctrl+shift+c/v) inside mintty, in addition there are a
couple of other GNU/Linux tools available in MSYS2 repo, but the
disadvantage is we need to install third party software ;-)
If you have chance to try either wineconsole or mintty, please let me
know if it solve your input, that's great appreciated.