This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 00/11] C++/MinGW patches
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: fracting at gmail dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:46:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/11] C++/MinGW patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1446492970-21432-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <5637C1FA dot 2060708 at redhat dot com> <CALd+sZThHQQFq4DSw9Dd0pXVfYmAq=RFj0GM1OtmSXv8OwL4sg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/02/2015 08:22 PM, Qian Hong wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 4:05 AM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
>> BTW, I pushed a testable tree to users/palves/mingw-cxx-conversion, in
>> case someone could lend a hand with running gdb / testing on Windows.
> Thanks for your work, I'll run gdb and test on both Windows and Wine
> this weekend.
Thanks! Note you'll need to configure gdb with --enable-build-with-cxx
in order to make it build with a C++ compiler.
> BTW, there was a bug report of test failure found by running gdb /
> binutils testsuite on Windows:
> No one has comment on that bug yet, did we report to the wrong component?
I suspect that nobody is really actively paying attention to Windows bugs
in bugzilla... :-/
That said, this sounds like a demangler testsuite issue. GDB is not involved.
Iain, this is:
./test-demangle < ../../../gdb-7.10/libiberty/testsuite/d-demangle-expected
FAIL at line 750, options --format=dlang:
FAIL at line 758, options --format=dlang:
E:\MINGW-packages\mingw-w64-gdb\src\build-i686-w64-mingw32\libiberty\testsuite\test-demangle.exe: 266 tests, 2 failures
It just looks like msvcrt.dll's printf prints using an
unexpected format? Maybe building the test program with
__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO defined fixes it. Could you try that?