This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/3] change gdbserver to use hashtab: list->table
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 09:45:51 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] change gdbserver to use hashtab: list->table
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <yjt27g9oeuft dot fsf at ruffy dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <52E3ADB8 dot 60707 at codesourcery dot com>
On 01/25/2014 08:27 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
>> [In one perf experiment of attach/detach repeated 20 times on a
>> > program with 1000 threads, the time as measured by gprof went from
>> > 45sec to 5sec.]
>> > I created a testcase for our perf testsuite but the results there
>> > don't show the speed as impressively because it can only measure gdb
>> > not gdbserver. I may submit it separately anyway.
> Hi, Doug,
> Please do that. If gdbserver becomes faster, the improvements should
> be shown in the perf test result. I'd like to help on this.
The speedup isn't shown probably because there are too many RSP
communications between GDB and GDBserver, which is slow.
It is still good to include your test case into the gdb.perf testsuite.