This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: reject merges on gdb release branches?
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:46:33 +0800
- Subject: Re: reject merges on gdb release branches?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140122051133 dot GB4762 at adacore dot com>
On 01/22/2014 01:11 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> I propose we do the same for the gdb-7.7 branch, and generally
> speaking on all GDB release branches, just to make sure that
> people don't accidently push a merge when they meant to cherry-pick.
My git knowledge is too poor to understand this. How does people push
a merge? My workflow is to cherry-pick approved patches from one branch
to master, and git push. I thought that is the only way to push
commits to master. Am I missing something?