This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add comments to gdbarch_address_class_name_to_type_flags
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:12:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add comments to gdbarch_address_class_name_to_type_flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52D8293B dot 6060701 at ericsson dot com> <52D82EDF dot 5010402 at redhat dot com> <m3bnzbag2n dot fsf at redhat dot com> <52D8327D dot 7010403 at redhat dot com> <52D833E8 dot 8090308 at ericsson dot com> <m34n53aeyx dot fsf at redhat dot com> <52D839C5 dot 2070606 at redhat dot com>
Pedro> We even had talks about using gnulib's bool before.
I think about it from time to time.
It's hard to know where to start, though; and I have way too many
unfinished projects already :)
Also the gnulib one is a bit funny:
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
* Bit-fields of type `bool' are not supported. Portable code should
use `unsigned int foo : 1;' rather than `bool foo : 1;'.
I suppose we could add some kind of macro for bool bitfields or
something along those lines.
There are other issues mentioned too, though I consider them more minor.
Pedro> Kind of moot/unnecessary if we do get to move to C++ though.
The spelling at least would be the same, so it would not be wasted
On the whole, if someone wants to take it up, I'd be pleased.