This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 06:57:58 +0400
- Subject: Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131125125128 dot GA3153 at adacore dot com> <CANu=DmiprxHcpNHVNqZt4BYUH_YoswKYgh0Q=EQe4xf=x4TLRA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125130250 dot GE3114 at adacore dot com> <CANu=Dmh=69OnNWOySV5QtJjUjuqtVkYrZ5cn8qf4RAyRYAh_PA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125152414 dot GG3114 at adacore dot com> <CANu=DmgTg+uVhV7qNRTbXuRBvCJ0jW-xq_4qCvF4_q64oYyEbw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Ok, cherry-picked and pushed. I also updated the wiki. Unfortunately
> there doesn't seem to be a PR for the issue.
In that case, we need to create one, which I just did for you.
The reason why we want a PR is that we want a short description
of the problem with a short link that also works in textual
format to the problem description. When we discussed this requirement
a while back, we settled on using bugzilla. A link to the mailing
list isn't as good, especially in a case like this where the email
thread got silent for a couple of months before resurecting. With
the PR, we can add information again anytime, and we know everything
will remain pieced together.
Long story short: You're good, now :).