This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:46:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131125125128 dot GA3153 at adacore dot com> <CANu=DmiprxHcpNHVNqZt4BYUH_YoswKYgh0Q=EQe4xf=x4TLRA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125130250 dot GE3114 at adacore dot com> <CANu=Dmh=69OnNWOySV5QtJjUjuqtVkYrZ5cn8qf4RAyRYAh_PA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125152414 dot GG3114 at adacore dot com>
On 25 November 2013 15:24, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> >> > 2. The gdb-side patch in not part of the gdb_7_6-branch;
>> >> > is that what we want?
>> >> Not really! I believed that the gdb patch had been committed to the
>> >> stable branch but later discovered that it hadn't. As the stable
>> >> branch appeared to be dormant I didn't follow up on it. Ideally both
>> >> patches should be applied and if we are going to do another release
>> >> I'm happy to cherry pick it across.
>> > Let's do that, then. I think it'll make better sense for the user,
>> > and it'll also be easier to describe the extent of the problem being
>> > fixed.
>> Just to confirm - this patch should be applied to the gdb_7_6-branch in CVS?
> In the git repository, actually (CVS is closed, and I will be making
> the new release using the git repo).
Ok, cherry-picked and pushed. I also updated the wiki. Unfortunately
there doesn't seem to be a PR for the issue.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro