This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:14:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131125125128 dot GA3153 at adacore dot com> <CANu=DmiprxHcpNHVNqZt4BYUH_YoswKYgh0Q=EQe4xf=x4TLRA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131125130250 dot GE3114 at adacore dot com>
On 25 November 2013 13:02, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > We're about to create a 7.6.2 release. To help me sent release
>> > announcements, I need an entry in the wiki page we created for
>> > that release branch. For 7.6.2, that's:
>> > https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB_7.6_Release
>> > Can you please add an entry that follows the format used in
>> > the entries added for the 7.6.1 release?
>> Sure, no problem.
>> > I tried doing that myself, but got lost a little. AFAICT, you're
>> > applying the same patch as one that was applied on the GDB side.
>> > I traced the problem description back to a patch first posted in
>> > July, but: 1. Does your patch fix the same problem/symptoms?
>> It fixes the same issue in gdbserver that was fixed in gdb.
>> > 2. The gdb-side patch in not part of the gdb_7_6-branch;
>> > is that what we want?
>> Not really! I believed that the gdb patch had been committed to the
>> stable branch but later discovered that it hadn't. As the stable
>> branch appeared to be dormant I didn't follow up on it. Ideally both
>> patches should be applied and if we are going to do another release
>> I'm happy to cherry pick it across.
> Let's do that, then. I think it'll make better sense for the user,
> and it'll also be easier to describe the extent of the problem being
Just to confirm - this patch should be applied to the gdb_7_6-branch in CVS?
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro