This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:56:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131125125128 dot GA3153 at adacore dot com>
On 25 November 2013 12:51, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hello Will,
> We're about to create a 7.6.2 release. To help me sent release
> announcements, I need an entry in the wiki page we created for
> that release branch. For 7.6.2, that's:
> Can you please add an entry that follows the format used in
> the entries added for the 7.6.1 release?
Sure, no problem.
> I tried doing that myself, but got lost a little. AFAICT, you're
> applying the same patch as one that was applied on the GDB side.
> I traced the problem description back to a patch first posted in
> July, but: 1. Does your patch fix the same problem/symptoms?
It fixes the same issue in gdbserver that was fixed in gdb.
> 2. The gdb-side patch in not part of the gdb_7_6-branch;
> is that what we want?
Not really! I believed that the gdb patch had been committed to the
stable branch but later discovered that it hadn't. As the stable
branch appeared to be dormant I didn't follow up on it. Ideally both
patches should be applied and if we are going to do another release
I'm happy to cherry pick it across.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro