This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Release 2.24
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:21:17 +0400
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <BB32BE2A-A3CC-494C-9FB2-CFD322F49EA3 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1309182134580 dot 4379 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130918213245 dot GO3132 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1309182238430 dot 4379 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311181646080 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
> I see 2.24 is about to roll out, so I'll try to find some time this week
> to make the necessary adjustments for a matching GDB 7.6.2 maintenance
> release -- assuming as per your recent statement, that making 7.7 can take
> a while yet.
What are your parameters? I've started working on the scripts this
weekend, and unfortunately for me, I am bursting with ideas of things
to try out - this is going to be helpful for the future, but not so
good for the present. I am planning on working on it an hour every day,
so I should have branching hopefully done soon, and then at least
pre-release creation done right after that.
To explain a bit the delay, the switch to git is more than just
changing some configuration-management commands in the script.
Git opens up the door for doing things a little differently.
For instance, I will have the scripts sends the email for me,
instead of me doing some tedious copy/pasting - this is now possible
because I don't have to be afraid of losing the connection to
sourceware while creating the branch from a repo on my laptop.
Same thing for GPG signing.
If the delay is unbearable to your platform, then we'll need to
temporary re-open the CVS, and produce an extra release from there.
Or the alternative is to produce a release by hand, but that would
take much more time, I think. Neither of these 2 options are
attractive, so it'd be better if we could wait for me to be ready.