This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix hardware break points
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 00:15:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix hardware break points
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1mFs3=aY70af9xWomP-t6-kfsgzXr83xRBuXdofoZVMsQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87k3kbbsbz dot fsf at igel dot home> <CA+=Sn1k=30-Y=MFEq3gVcDR9xugWsMWpHi8_a79hCUX6vxjEEw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=DmjNqWDGFQY9bB9KbY0L1U6eJ58CooAQoOinGsCZikM5yA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 27 July 2013 23:42, Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
>>>> OK? Built and tested on aarch64-linux-gnu with no regressions.
>>> Did you?
>>>> + memset (®s, 0, size(regs));
>> This is what I get for copying and pasting from one source file to another.
>> Here is the fixed one which was definitely tested.
> What's the status of this patch? It seems like it fixes real problems
> people are seeing in the field.
After not much thought, I decided this was an obvious patch as regs is
used uninitialized otherwise when passed to ptrace.
> Will Newton
> Toolchain Working Group, Linaro