This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for 15072: stopped response missing for reverse-finish
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Kaufmann <Andreas dot Kaufmann at synopsys dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 16:49:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for 15072: stopped response missing for reverse-finish
- References: <5570CCEF7886EE48BAAD632645A58FDA12829B3A at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com> <87haivlkna dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 04/24/2013 09:48 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Kaufmann <Andreas.Kaufmann@synopsys.com> writes:
> Andreas> The above is not done (and nor needed) for "reverse-finish". So
> Andreas> I added additional check "execution_direction != EXEC_REVERSE"
> Andreas> to ensure that observer_notify_normal_stop() is called for
> Andreas> "reverse-finish" from normal_stop() in gdb/infrun.c.
> It seems reasonable to me (though this isn't really my area and so Pedro
> should probably weigh in).
Looks good to me too.
> I think a test case is needed.
> But that will probably push the patch over the limit where we need
> copyright papers (unless maybe there is some way to see the bug with the
> CLI and the test case can be added to an existing file).
Yes, there's an MI one even. gdb.mi/mi-reverse.exp.
> Contact me
> off-list to get started on that; or if you already have them in place
> and I forgot, just mention it. Thanks.