This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: FYI: minsyms documentation
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: yao at codesourcery dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 03:18:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: FYI: minsyms documentation
- References: <email@example.com> <4EF38DAD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EF39E85.email@example.com> <4EF54B6D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: <email@example.com>
> Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:08:37 -0700
> >>>>> "Yao" == Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Yao> Put detailed doc in gdbint.texinfo to
> Yao> relevant source files, and only leave overview and high-level doc in it.
> Yao> In this way, we don't have to pay much effort to keep gdbint.texinfo
> Yao> synchronized with source, and gdbint.texinfo is still quite useful.
> Yes, this is exactly what I would like to do.
I will support that, but please note that the high-level information
also needs to be maintained, because GDB evolves also at that level.