This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: Using year ranges in copyright notices...
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 01:29:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: Using year ranges in copyright notices...
- References: <20120103042431.GI2730@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:24:31 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <email@example.com>
> A bit of a trivial question, but I wanted to be sure it's OK to do so.
> I would like us to use address ranges in our copyright headers, instead
> of explicitly listing each and every year.
This needs to be cleared with lawyers @gnu.org. At least at some
point, Richard explicitly asked _not_ to use ranges, due to some legal
issues, and I don't think I saw that restriction lifted since then.
At the very least, we should ask Richard about that.