This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Ignore data minimal symbols for breakpoint linespecs
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:11:11 +0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Ignore data minimal symbols for breakpoint linespecs
- References: <email@example.com>
> * linespec.c (struct collect_minsyms) [list_mode]: New field.
> (add_minsym): Ignore data symbols if not in list mode.
> (search_minsyms_for_name): Set local.list_mode.
> * gdb.base/dmsym.c, gdb.base/dmsym_main.c, gdb.base/dmsym.exp:
> New files.
I would normally wait to give the original author (Tom in this case)
some time to comment, but given that it fixes a couple of regressions
as well, and the fact that Jan is OK, I went ahead and checked it in.
If Tom has some comments, I don't mind fixing or reverting at all.
This is HEAD only. I think we'll want that for the branch, but I'll
wait for Tom's feedback, if any.