This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 18/348] Fix -Wsahdow warnings
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrey Smirnov <andrew dot smirnov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:07:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 18/348] Fix -Wsahdow warnings
- References: <201111231640.pANGefc4031803@d06av02.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com> <email@example.com> <201111232023.pANKNcLf022983@glazunov.sibelius.xs4all.nl> <CAHQ1cqHjSYQL75PS8xqEASXXnh5jzMGH+JX7ti_9SKZ+5UOtKA@mail.gmail.com> <20111124220057.GU13809@adacore.com> <CAHQ1cqGEctu8NQ6hHAbz1oC5x_M0Uc_gp-FZr3Fav_LEZrHwaQ@mail.gmail.com> <20111125142615.GV13809@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHQ1cqEBOw9hYZxUKXH+hZiusXM+09vbSsNTMz32QgvrdPd5hw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAHQ1cqG3zZRhgCsar4Q4EUrQDG2hZ5v-W7=RWcgz_TE45Y8EMQ@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>> "Andrey" == Andrey Smirnov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> If the configury part is set up properly, then this warning will simply
>> auto-enable for people when they upgrade GCC. ÂSo, it isn't like we'll
>> just forget about it; more like at some point we'll all be joining in :)
Andrey> I wish this world would have less small, city-local companies, doing
Andrey> embedded development whose version of GCC is fixed in stone because
Andrey> the whole building system is so obscure to anyone that no one dares to
Andrey> introduce any changes to it, and usually no one even cares. I used to
Andrey> work in such a place, so I know that some people will be left behind.
Yeah, but due to the configure check, this warning won't be enabled for
them. Maybe it would be a problem if they submitted a patch, but I
don't think it is really worth worrying about.