This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fixes problem setting breakpoint in dynamic loader
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: drow at false dot org (Daniel Jacobowitz)
- Cc: joseph at codesourcery dot com (Joseph S. Myers), bauerman at br dot ibm dot com (Thiago Jung Bauermann), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (gdb-patches ml)
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:37:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fixes problem setting breakpoint in dynamic loader
Dan Jacobowitz wrote:
> The threading tests are a remote-specific problem. gdbserver asks
> "where's __nptl_create_event?" and gdb was responding with the .opd
> location. We need to give the function instead, since gdbserver is
> going to put a breakpoint there. This requires handling memory reads
> (from the .opd entry) during qSymbol conversations.
Nice! I've had a local hack in our tree to fix this, but your solution
is a lot cleaner. Thanks for taking care of this.
> Any comments on this patch?
Looks OK to me.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE