This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fixes problem setting breakpoint in dynamic loader
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:21:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fixes problem setting breakpoint in dynamic loader
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070620131524.GA21190@caradoc.them.org>
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 09:15:24AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Here's an extended version of Joseph's revision of Thiago's revision
> of Paul's patch (begat by... who begat...). I tested it with
> gdbserver on powerpc-linux -m64; it fixes the function calling test in
> nodebug.exp and all the threading tests. The branch I was testing on
> is a little bit older than HEAD, and I had an unstripped libc; but I
> believe that on HEAD and with a stripped libc, it will also fix a
> number of shared library load/unload tests and all of the calls to
> malloc to create strings. I'm going to test it natively now.
The shared library tests seem generally OK, and it fixes all sorts of
tests that call malloc or fork.
Unless someone sees a problem with this patch, I would like to include
it in GDB 6.7.