This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] breakpoint.c: Don't let adjust_breakpoint_address() adjust watchpoints
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:05:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] breakpoint.c: Don't let adjust_breakpoint_address() adjust watchpoints
- References: <20040315133002.0d21df91@saguaro>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:30:02 -0700
> From: Kevin Buettner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> In the course of running the GDB testsuite on FR-V, I discovered that it's
> a bad idea to adjust watchpoint addresses. If any adjustment is done, the
> watchpoint ends up at the wrong address. The patch below simply disables
> adjustment for watchpoints and some eventpoints.
I'd like to hear more details. When do we need to adjust the
breakpoint address, for starters?