This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] Generate makefile dependencies
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
- To: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:07:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] Generate makefile dependencies
- References: <404BBFD6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 19:35:34 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The attached, er, hack, modifies configure.in so that all the Makefile
> dependencies are generated during configure time:
> defs_h = ...
> foo.o: foo.c $(defs_h)
> It exploits the fact that GDB's code base is very consistent in its use
> of "foo.h" vs <foo.h> -- the former is assumed to be local, the latter
> in a system library.
Won't it be better to use "gcc -MM" when we compile with GCC?
> Wonder how portable my SED is.
Your Sed looks good to me.