This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa/arm] Fix some structs.exp failures
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:29:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: [rfa/arm] Fix some structs.exp failures
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
> structs.exp uses "typedef float tf". A structure type that would otherwise
> be returned by reference is returned by value, because GDB doesn't realize
> that it counts as a floating-point-like structure.
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
> 2004-03-02 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
> * arm-tdep.c (arm_use_struct_convention): Look through typedefs.
I think this is OK, but it's hard to be sure: check_typedef is completely
undocumented -- no mention in the internals documentation, and not even a
comment in gdbtypes.[ch].