This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa/arm] Handle bx and blx
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:01:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [rfa/arm] Handle bx and blx
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
> The software single-step implementation in GDB doesn't know either BX or
> BLX. This results in losing control of the inferior when we single-step
> over them. I based this on the ARM ARM, so I'm pretty sure I've got the
> numbers correct.
> OK to check in?
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
> 2004-02-28 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
> * arm-tdep.c (thumb_get_next_pc): Handle BX.
> (arm_get_next_pc): Handle BX and BLX.
Yikes! Yes, this is OK. However, Thumb has BLX (2 variants) as well.