This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[rfa/ping] lib/gdb.exp: remove LC_ALL=C workaround for readline bug
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:29:58 -0600
- Subject: [rfa/ping] lib/gdb.exp: remove LC_ALL=C workaround for readline bug
It's been a week, and I haven't gotten any response yet.
This patch reverts a recent patch in lib/gdb.exp:
2003-01-06 Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>
* lib/gdb.exp: Set LC_ALL to "C" to avoid spurious testsuite
Setting LC_ALL is a workaround for a bug in readline 4.3 regarding
perverse screen refresh in a UTF-8 locale.
Chet Ramey, the readline maintainer, send me a patch for this,
and I committed that patch to gdb HEAD on 2003-01-09. So we don't need
this work around any more.
Testing: I tested this with: target=native, host=i686-pc-linux-gnu,
osversion=red-hat-8.0, LANG=en_US.UTF-8. I tested with gcc v2 and v3,
dwarf-2 and stabs+.
OK to commit?
2003-01-21 Michael Chastain <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* lib/gdb.exp: Revert patch of 2003-01-06, which set LC_ALL.
This was a workaround for a UTF-8 bug in readline 4.3. The bug
has been fixed in gdb/readline on 2003-01-09.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/testsuite/lib/gdb.exp,v
retrieving revision 1.32
diff -u -r1.32 gdb.exp
--- lib/gdb.exp 6 Jan 2003 18:10:32 -0000 1.32
+++ lib/gdb.exp 21 Jan 2003 21:46:07 -0000
@@ -64,9 +64,6 @@
set EXEEXT $env(EXEEXT)
-# Make sure we are using the C locale.
-set env(LC_ALL) "C"
### Only procedures should come after this point.