This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] ALL_OBJFILE_MSYMBOLS
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: David Carlton <carlton at math dot stanford dot edu>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 28 Jan 2003 15:52:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [rfa] ALL_OBJFILE_MSYMBOLS
- References: <ro1bs20nbkz.fsf@jackfruit.Stanford.EDU>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "David" == David Carlton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
David> Like my earlier allocate_objfile(NULL, 0) patch, I don't know
David> of any concrete bugs that this fixes on mainline GDB, though I
David> could imagine that Java code could run into this problem since
David> Java does allocate an anonymous objfile.
I just wanted to say: I tried your earlier patch locally. With it,
gdb crashes a lot less when debugging gcj-compiled code. In
particular, I can re-run the inferior more or less reliably (whereas
before this would crash gdb pretty reliably). I'm keeping it in my
gdb tree to make my life easier.
I'll save this new patch and hopefully someday find the time to see if