This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: (toplevel patch) Use canonical names for target_subdir, build_subdir.
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:22:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: (toplevel patch) Use canonical names for target_subdir, build_subdir.
- References: <20030124034053.GA22615@doctormoo> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:50:21PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2003, Nathanael Nerode <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Use the canonical build and target names for build_subdir and target_subdir.
> Not ok. athlon-linux-gnu is canonicalized to i686-linux-gnu, so we
> can't use the same directories for both of them. (Consider building a
> compiler on athlon that must run on i686, or on the other way round).
So, is this going to be reverted or not? It's destroying the testsuite
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002