This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] mips-tdep.c: Fix inferior function call breakage
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:01:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] mips-tdep.c: Fix inferior function call breakage
- References: <1030123072642.ZM24777@localhost.localdomain>
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:26:43AM -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> Without the following patch in place, I've found that inferior function
> calls are badly broken for the mips linux targets that I've been testing.
> (The warning in heuristic_proc_start() is tripped and things degrade quickly
> from there...)
In the pile of MIPS patches I really need to get around to submitting
(sorry!) I did this via avoiding the call to find_proc_desc from
mips_init_extra_frame_info. I think that's functionally equivalent, so
this looks good to me (although Andrew's the one that needs to approve
it of course).
I also short-circuited the rest of mips_init_extra_frame_info if
PC_IN_CALL_DUMMY but that's a noop given the control flow in that
function if proc_desc is NULL.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer