This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] README, doc/gdb.texinfo: warn against '.../gdb-VERSION/gdb/configure'
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: mec at shout dot net
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:32:56 +0300
- Subject: Re: [rfa] README, doc/gdb.texinfo: warn against '.../gdb-VERSION/gdb/configure'
- References: <200301161823.h0GIN0n16506@duracef.shout.net>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:23:00 -0600
> From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This is draft #2 of some new doco about the difference
> between '.../gdb-5.3/configure' and '.../gdb-5.3/gdb/configure'.
> Testing: I tested the wrong way (.../gdb-5.3/gdb/configure) with gdb
> HEAD%20030104 on native i686-pc-linux-gnu and observed the build error
> that I documented. This build error happens a lot sooner with the
> new configury, which is nice. I also did a full build + install
> the right way to verify that makeinfo is happy with my input.
> Okay to commit?
Yes, this is fine with me, thanks.