This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] Remove all setup_xfail's from testsuite/gdb.mi/
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ac131313 at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: fnasser at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:06:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] Remove all setup_xfail's from testsuite/gdb.mi/
My two cents ...
Daniel J suggests that we keep making improvements:
> random XFAIL->analyzed XFAIL
The problem is that, in the source code, "setup_xfail" looks the same
for both our crap legacy XFAIL's and the nice new analyzed xfail's.
Perhaps a little mechanism like "gdb_mark_external_fail" would help.
Then "grep xfail" would find only the shrinking pool of old stuff.
> This I definitely like. "Cantfix"?
I propose "external".
I find "cantfix" to be a bit arrogant and a bit negative. And it doesn't
distinguish between "I can't fix this because I don't have the resources"
versus "I can't fix this because I can show you that binutils is feeding
gdb incorrect / incomplete information".