This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Make tests more flexible
- From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu, ezannoni at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:57:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make tests more flexible
- References: <200301161735.h0GHZAM15898@duracef.shout.net>
Michael Elizabeth Chastain writes:
> Ah, okay, my head is spinning with all the mail flying around.
> David C's log files are the same as my log files.
> It looks like one bug in both advance.exp and until.exp.
> For me:
> It happened the same way for both dwarf-2 and stabs+.
> It happened the same way with all binutils.
> It happened with gcc => 3.2.1, gcc-3_2-branch, gcc-3_3-branch, HEAD.
> It did NOT happen with gcc => 2.95.3, vendor.
> So I think there is only one bug here I think Elena Z can reproduce it
> by using a gcc v3 compiler with any debug format.
> Michael C
Ah ok, I am using gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.2 2.96-108.7.2).
So, recapping, which one is correct? the old compiler (and the test is
right) or the new compiler (and the test is wrong)?