This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patches to improve Fortran support
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: david at streamline-computing dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: ac131313 at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:53:41 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patches to improve Fortran support
> This solves a pretty major problem where an array is passed as a
> parameter to a function with an underspecified dimension (ie. real
> (10:*) ) because the * is translated to '-1' which then completely
> screws up the allocation of memory.
This is great, we have a longstanding PR on this:
gdb segfaults associated with FORTRAN (g77) array arguments
I can review this patch later this week (Wednesday or Thursday).
Someone else might be able to get to it before then.
Do you have a copyright assignment on file with the Free Software
Andrew C, do you think that this patch is big enough that an
assignment is needed?