This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions(take 2)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, newlib at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, sid at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:13:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions(take 2)
- References: <0C4FCE35-2619-11D7-B338-00039396EEB8@apple.com>
Klee Dienes <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The following is the current state-of-the art of my autoconf-2.5x
> conversion of the gcc/gdb/binutils repositories.
Two general comments:
1) I notice that you made the existing pseudo-AC_PROG_CC/CXX macros
work again with 2.5x; this is wrong. Get rid of them entirely,
use the canonical AC_PROG_CC/CXX, and if they don't work right,
patch autoconf until they do.
2) Why did you disable the shared config.cache? It speeds up 'make
configure' by an order of magnitude, especially on slow machines.