This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the GDB project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions (take 2)

The following is the current state-of-the art of my autoconf-2.5x conversion of the gcc/gdb/binutils repositories. It updates the following directories:

common: libiberty
src: bfd binutils gas gdb gprof ld mmalloc opcodes rda sim utils
gcc: boehm-gc fastjar gcc libf2c libffi libjava libobjc libstdc++-v3 zlib

It does *not* update the following directories:

common: include texinfo config etc contrib
src: blt cgen cpu dejagnu expect intl itcl iwidgets libgloss libgui newlib readline tcl tk winsup sid"
gcc: libbanshee libchill libio libmudflap libstdc++"

I used the following versions of the various tools:

libtool: 1.4e (top-of-tree, with the attached patch)
autoconf: 2.57 (with the attached patch)
automake: 1.7.2
gettext: 0.11.5
autogen: 5.5

The attached archive contains the following files:

ChangeLog: Script to convert to autotools-2.5x and build an uberbaum tree
autoconf.txt: Fixes to autoconf-2.57 required by this patch.
common-diffs.txt Patches to directories shared by 'src' and gcc.
gcc-diffs.txt Patches to the gcc directories.
libtool-diffs.txt Patch to libtool-1.4e required by this patch.
src-diffs.txt Patches to the 'src' directories.
top-diffs.txt Patches to top-level files in both 'src' and gcc.

Attachment: ChangeLog
Description: Binary data


Attachment: autoconf-diffs.tar.gz
Description: GNU Zip compressed data

To run, first read through, and make sure it won't do anything you don't want it to do on your system. Then set the values of src_gcc, src_src, and dst_root, and run The script will rsync the checked-out gcc and src sources into a new directory, apply the patches, and run autoreconf on all the appropriate directories.

I've built directory on i386-unknown-linux-gnu native, targetted to powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, and natively on i686-pc-cygwin (I got some errors building winsup on cygwin, but they were the same errors I got from the unmodified sources). I've *not* run extensive tests on the resulting builds --- I'm willing to do that, but it seemed a bit early at this stage.

I did not attempt to make the patches compatible with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.5x --- I suspect that would be a significant challenge, and converting to automake-1.7 and autoconf-2.5x was difficult enough.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]