This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: threads and target-function-calls
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:17:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: threads and target-function-calls
- References: <3E1B7829.6B6E8BAF@redhat.com>
Ha! That's just the start. Doing nested inferior function calls on
alternative threads scrables the dummy frame cache:
Did you know that (at least on x86 linux), if you have a multi-thread
program and you execute a target function call, all the threads get to
run? Doesn't that seem like a bad thing? Wouldn't we really rather
only run the thread that is executing the target function call?