This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: threads and target-function-calls
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:08:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: threads and target-function-calls
- References: <3E1B7829.6B6E8BAF@redhat.com>
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 05:00:25PM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Hey folks,
> Did you know that (at least on x86 linux), if you have a multi-thread
> program and you execute a target function call, all the threads get to
> run? Doesn't that seem like a bad thing? Wouldn't we really rather
> only run the thread that is executing the target function call?
Eeeeek! I think I agree with you here; that's the logical behavior.
It never occured to me to try.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer