This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: Slay COERCE_FLOAT_TO_DOUBLE
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ac131313 at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:00:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: Slay COERCE_FLOAT_TO_DOUBLE
Andrew Cagney writes:
> Looking at the changes to stabs, mdebug and hpread it appears to reverse
> the default for all non dwarf* cases - assume prototyped rather than
> un-prototyped? That's a pretty radical change and needs to be clearly
> spelt out in at least the NEWS file.
Daniel's patch keeps the current data structure, which uses 1 bit
to indicate whether the function is prototyped or not.
I prefer to use 2 bits: TYPE_PROTO_KNOWN and TYPE_PROTO_YES.
That allows for three states:
known=0 gdb does not know if function is prototyped
known=1, yes=0 function is definitely not prototyped
known=1, yes=1 function is definitely prototyped
I have written such a 2-bit patch.