This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] post-process the `maint print architecture' from gdb_mbuild.sh
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ac131313 at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:48:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] post-process the `maint print architecture' from gdb_mbuild.sh
> I can save the unedited output.
Works for me.
> To make sed worthwhile, I'd need to construct a sed script that did all
> substitutions in a single pass. Otherwize the script ends up repeating:
> sed -e ... < input > output
> mv output input
> which is equivalent to ed. That, I think, is something for a rainy day.
I am fond of the "_P_rogram to replace _E_d scripts on _R_ainy-days