This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] post-process the `maint print architecture' fromgdb_mbuild.sh
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:10:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] post-process the `maint print architecture' fromgdb_mbuild.sh
- References: <200301022004.h02K4WT31218@duracef.shout.net>
I can save the unedited output.
The idea sounds good to me.
Instead of ed'ing Gdb.log, how about just naming the first file
Gdb.out or Gdb-raw.log, and then sed'ing into Gdb.log.
To make sed worthwhile, I'd need to construct a sed script that did all
substitutions in a single pass. Otherwize the script ends up repeating:
sed -e ... < input > output
mv output input
which is equivalent to ed. That, I think, is something for a rainy day.