This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: oprofile; Was: [RFA] Kill some linear searches in minsyms.c
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>,"" <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>, "" <jimb at redhat dot com>,"" <ezannoni at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:27:45 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: oprofile; Was: [RFA] Kill some linear searches in minsyms.c
- References: <20030106042203.GA28848@nevyn.them.org> <3E19EEED.email@example.com>
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > Future things to examine:
> Now this reminds me.
> Things-to-do-today includes run oprofile on GDB while debugging
> something like mozilla. That would give a real picture of where GDB is
> spending its time.
> (The other thing I learn't about profile was don't use it. Use oprofile
VTune for Linux is now in beta testing, if you have trouble with oprofile.