This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
oprofile; Was: [RFA] Kill some linear searches in minsyms.c
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, jimb at redhat dot com,ezannoni at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:02:37 -0500
- Subject: oprofile; Was: [RFA] Kill some linear searches in minsyms.c
- References: <20030106042203.GA28848@nevyn.them.org>
Now this reminds me.
Future things to examine:
Things-to-do-today includes run oprofile on GDB while debugging
something like mozilla. That would give a real picture of where GDB is
spending its time.
(The other thing I learn't about profile was don't use it. Use oprofile