This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: coffread.c extension for DLLs without debugging symbols
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: RaoulGough at yahoo dot co dot uk
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:01:02 +0300
- Subject: Re: coffread.c extension for DLLs without debugging symbols
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> From: "Raoul Gough" <RaoulGough@yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:39:31 -0000
> This is my *first* gdb patch submission,
> so someone with more experience should probably take a good look at
> (e.g. is coffread.c the right place for this kind of code?).
Lesson number 1: post the diffs as plain text, not uuencoded or
otherwise encoded. Some people, such as myself, don't have time to
open binary attachments, but do have time to read a patch that's in
Also, please include "[RFA]" in the subject, so that we know you are
seeking an approval for your patch.
> Proposed ChangeLog entry, assuming the code is accepted:
> 2003-01-03 Raoul Gough <RaoulGough@yahoo.co.uk>
> * coffread.c: Support non-debug export symbols for win32 DLLs
This should mention every function where changes are made, preferably
with a description of a change in each one of them.
And thanks for working on this.