This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/PATCH] breakpoint.c: fix until command
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ezannoni at redhat dot com, msnyder at redhat dot com
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:37:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA/PATCH] breakpoint.c: fix until command
Michael Snyder formulates:
> 1) Use find_pc_partial_function to determine bounds and
> distinguish between in-bounds and out-of-bounds locations.
> 2) For func_start > loc >= func_end, use a frame-relative bp.
> 3) For func_start == loc or loc < func_start or loc > func_end,
> use a frameless bp.
> 4) document, document, document!
> Including the recursive corner case.
In this formulation, my proposal would have: '3) error'. It's
actually a pretty cool formulation because it makes the diff
between elena's idea and my idea a small diff.
I think that my proposal has gotten a sufficient hearing.
So go ahead.